Golden Sun Takeaways

REVIEW LOCATION:
Wellington

Store: Golden Sun Takeaways, 456 Adelaide Rd.
Price: $4.70

Amount of chips:     4/5
Chip quality:        3/5
Size of fish:        5/5
Fish quality:        3/5
Total Score:         15

Well drained of oil?: Not really.
Satisfied?: Still felt peckish and quite greasy.


Comments: This place was cute and it sucks that I couldn't give them a better review. Appeared it was a family business with two women front of house and younger women doing the prep out the back while watching TV. I really wanted to like it but my emotional response aside, it simply wasn't good. Chips were ok in terms of quantity but a few very oily rouge chips put me off eventually. Fish was a very good size, the cut was full and meaty but the batter ratio and fried degree was a little off. I had to mark them down across the board for quality because they were farrrr too liberal with their salt shakers to the point where it burnt my mouth to eat lukewarm food. Everything had an animal fatty flavour which made me wonder when they last had an oil change. Greasy hands and my mouth feels like I just ate a candle. I need a beer.