Fish N Chips on Tory

REVIEW LOCATION:
Wellington


Store: Fish N Chips on Tory, 5/100 Tory St.
Price: $6.30

Amount of chips:     5/5
Chip quality:        3/5
Size of fish:        5/5
Fish quality:        3/5
Total Score:         16

Well drained of oil?: Yes
Satisfied?: Yes I simply could not eat another bite.

Comments: This place is not as bad as I had been led to believe. It was stark, lifeless with no music and harsh fluorescent lights - I loved this about the place. The chips were again McCains but not cooked as well as my previous review. They were amazing in the way of oil drainage and good temp but the center seemed dry and hard to swallow. The fish was huuuuuge and it was a relatively ok cut however it was quite a thin fillet and was cooked a little too lightly and was quite doughy. Overall everything was quite under seasoned and dry and I did succumb to batter fatigue but I think this may be due to the size of the fish rather than the batter ratio. Finger oil was really not an issue and I didn't even have to wash up. I feel great and really full but they weren't very exciting tbh. Ok at best. It was alriiiiight.