Fu Xian Takeaways

REVIEW LOCATION:
Wellington

Store: Fu Xian Takeaways, 347 The Parade, Island Bay
Price: $4.80

Amount of chips:     5/5
Chip quality:        5/5
Size of fish:        5/5
Fish quality:        5/5
Total Score:         20🎉

Well drained of oil?: Yes
Satisfied?: Yes I feel great!

Comments: I'm finding it REALLY hard to fault this place... Everything from the excessively long bang and hang to everyone behind the counter all wearing McCain branded dad hats was so on point! So ridiculously cheap for such baller quality fish and chips. I think their fries were McCain fries as the McCain branding is practically plastered to any surface that it will adhere to. The chips were just how I like them - nice bit of bite in the exterior to break through into a creamy mash center. Smooth surface texture and no interfering flavours which I guess is due to them keeping on top of their oil temp and freshness. The fish was a very chunky cut which made it very juicy and kept the center tender while the batter was perfectly browned to maintain the crunch until the last bite. Very meaty, fresh and batter ratio was perfect. They pay a lot more attention to their oil draining process than most chippers and boy was it worth it - no oily fingers or waxy mouth. I'm def hitting this place up if ever I'm in island bay but next time I'm upgrading to a full scoop to really push myself to that level of regret, stomach pain and lethargy that a good chippery truly deserves.