Souvlaki At Acropolis

REVIEW LOCATION:
Wellington

Store: Souvlaki At Acropolis, 508 Broadway, Strathmore Park.
Price: $5.50

Amount of chips:     4/5
Chip quality:        3/5
Size of fish:        5/5
Fish quality:        2/5
Total Score:         14

Well drained of oil?: Yes
Satisfied?: I don't feel yuck but I'm still p hungry.


Comments: I noticed this place when I reviewed the neighbouring fish and chips shop a few weeks back. The decor is amazing! A lot of Navy and azure paint and objects everywhere. It has a real cluttered Mom Interior Design meets Football Hooligan aesthetic. My favourite piece was a cheap A2 stretched canvas painted using a big house painting brush and a minimal amount of blue paint. The food tho... Chips were pretty under cooked and for some reason they eventually made my tongue numb. At a guess I'd say McCain fries and for a professionally prepared chip, the exterior had barely any crunch and the middle was dense raw potato. The fish looked promising as heck - it was a chunky piece and the colour seemed great. This first impression was quickly shattered onto the floor into a million pieces after my first bite. The batter was thicc and my mouth was full of barely cooked dough and flavourless mush. I was trying to pick the fish type based on its flavour profile but it tasted like nothing. The meal was perfectly seasoned, cheap and prob the best bang and hang in Wellington so far! I still feel hungry so might need a second dinner.