Basin Noodle House

REVIEW LOCATION:
Wellington

Store: Basin Noodle House, 20 Adelaide Road.
Price: $5.00

Amount of chips:     5/5
Chip quality:        4/5
Size of fish:        5/5
Fish quality:        3/5
Total Score:         17

Well drained of oil?: Yes and No
Satisfied?: Yeah totally I feel great.

Comments: I got introduced to this place by my friend Kerry Ann Lee and it has become easily one of my favorite places to eat in Wellington. It's so unassuming and has some of the best Chinese food I've had here. Hefty portion sizes and intense flavours, they do nothing to pander to the bland western palette or "kiwi hot" clientele when it comes to their traditional dishes. I loved my experience tonight tho - a guy on my left eating a literal platter of steak eggs and chips and a woman on my right coughing the entire time and spitting into a napkin as master chef plays on the wall tv behind me. I hate that show with all my might but somehow it worked and set a nice mood. The chips in my meal were plentiful and I'm highly certain they were Mr Chips brand fries as they brought back memories of getting a cup of chips at the demolition derby when I was a kid. The interior was creamy mash and crunchy exterior but I'm gonna say maybe a little too hard probably due to the fryer oil being too hot. The oil drainage of the chips was on point tho ay! The fish was a real good sized cut of shark however quite thin and quite oily with a puffy wonton batter coating. Batter ratio was on point tho. Insane good value and well seasoned with the added bonus of a squirt of sauce if u dine in but def keep on the Chinese menu tho.