Golden Gate Takeaways

REVIEW LOCATION:
Wellington

Store: Golden Gate Takeaways, 53A Cambridge Tce.
Price: $5.70

Amount of chips:     5/5
Chip quality:        3/5
Size of fish:        4/5
Fish quality:        2/5
Total Score:         14

Well drained of oil?: Real Drained.
Satisfied?: Feeling weighed down.


Comments: I had high hopes for this shop. I had been told good things about it. The walls were fake marble and the menu was hand rendered in red vivid. It all went south when I asked to use the bathroom and he told me to use the bathroom across the road at KFC. I felt a bit weird about going to a takeaways store just to use the bathroom. I reserve that sort of spontaneous loo use for public toilets and gas stations so I just held on until I reached the place where I'd eat. The chips were severely under cooked and really dense. The surface had a soft crunch thru to a raw potato center. Fish was heavy on the batter and way under cooked. Everything was pretty hard to swallow but I guess their bang and hang and seasoning was on point. My lips are itchy.