Seaview Takeaways

REVIEW LOCATION:
Wellington

Store: Seaview Takeaways, 92 Lyall Parade.
Price: $5.50

Amount of chips:     5/5
Chip quality:        4/5
Size of fish:        5/5
Fish quality:        5/5
Total Score:         19

Well drained of oil?: Yeah.
Satisfied?: I feel great. 


Comments: This place was recommended to me a while back by Apa Hutt which is quite bold considering how brutally honest I can be but I'm pleased to announce that this place is coooool! The super lovely Maori and Chinese ladies behind the counter were an unlikely duo who knew exactly what they were doing back there. Swiftly maneuvering around each other in the small cooking space it was like watching some sort of contemporary fish and chips version of the Rush Hour movie. The menu was a chaotic mix of hand rendered, sticker and paper printed fonts all over the place next to a NZ Commercial Fish poster and there was a sick mermaid painting hidden in the corner. The chips were chunky home cut fries and normally I'm not huge on thick fries due to the center usually being under cooked and bland. These were parboiled before being deep fried which made them mostly creamy in the middle but due to the irregular shape, the big chips were ever so slightly under cooked but were otherwise great! The fish was quite batter heavy but since it was cooked so well, this was actually a good thing and gave it a decent amount of crunch. Very tasty, fresh and a great size. Everything was well seasoned, great bang & hang and fair priced. My mouth is a little waxy and I'm feeling 'adult full' - I could totally eat more but I have eaten enough and shouldn't have any more and not be a greedy guts.