Wadestown Seafoods

REVIEW LOCATION:
Wellington

Store: Wadestown Seafoods, 15 Sefton St. 
Price: $4.80

Amount of chips:     5/5
Chip quality:        2/5
Size of fish:        5/5
Fish quality:        3/5
Total Score:         15

Well drained of oil?: Not the best
Satisfied?: Kind of underwhelmed. 


Comments: so a regular at my work told me about this place and raved about it so I thought I should investigate. There was roadworks going on outside the shop and everyone seemed super confused because it's a weird shaped intersection where like 5 roads meet. The shop is tiny and run down and has posters stuck all over the place. The light box menu board has a big hole smashed into it. It seemed like a layer of dust covers everything in the shop including the two other customers I had to climb over to get to the eftpos machine. The chips were pretty much deep fried crisps and since they were home cut the size varied and the big chips were under cooked. They got super hard as they cooled and left lingering old potato, dirt, and bitter flavours in my mouth. I was even treated to bug holes in some of the chips. The fish was a fair size and the flesh was thick. Due to it being cooked at a high heat the exterior had a nice crunch but inside was real doughy. I have wax mouth and feel a bit bummed but on the brighter side, that view of the harbour when you head back down to tinakori road is stunning ay?