Brooklyn Fish Supply

REVIEW LOCATION:
Wellington

Store: Brooklyn Fish Supply, 56 Cleveland St.
Price: $5.50

Amount of chips:     5/5
Chip quality:        3/5
Size of fish:        5/5
Fish quality:        3/5
Total Score:         16

Well drained of oil?: No
Satisfied?: This filled me up but I do feel a bit slippy.


Comments: I thought I'd try the competition to Nanking Takeaways in Brooklyn (from my review a couple of weeks ago) to see if Zomato was correct in giving the Brooklyn Fish Supply a higher score. In my very honest opinion, Nanking is far superior. The chips here are good but they were pushed a little too hard in the deep fryer to the point where a lot of chips had hollowed out and their creamy center replaced with chip oil. The good chips were good and there was a decent quantity but it was just those few unruly maverick chips that sent shivers down my spine as they burst in my mouth. The fish was the chunkiest fillet I think I have ever had! It was massive and cooked to perfection, however, it was drenched in oil and since they also deal in Chinese food, the oil gave the fish an old wanton meat finish. I couldn't eat all of the batter. Overall it was seasoned well with standard table salt and I don't have a belly full of regret but I'm quite greasy so I need a hose off. So there u have it, kids - don't believe everything you read on the internet.