Takaro Takeaways

REVIEW LOCATION:
Palmerston North

Store: Takaro Takeaways, 129 Botanical Rd.
Price: $4.40

Amount of chips:     5/5
Chip quality:        5/5
Size of fish:        5/5
Fish quality:        4/5
Total Score:         19

Well drained of oil?: Yes
Satisfied?: Very much so!


Comments: Local legend Boss Christ took me and my entourage to his fav neighbourhood chip shop and let me tell you what - it did not disappoint! The level of customisation to your order was intense and their quirky names for their burgers and hot chips topping add ons were funny as ay. Upon purchasing I was given the option of normal salt, chicken salt, garlic salt and lemon pepper. I opted for garlic salt. The chips were incredible and cooked perfectly! Nice bit of bite through to that desired creamy center. The fish was very lengthy and the batter was the right ratio and colour grade. Very enjoyable but it did make my fingers a little tacky but made up for it with the flavour. I'm feeling nice and ready to rock in Palmy tonight! Wish me luck!