Frankleigh Takeaways

      REVIEW LOCATION:

New Plymouth


Store: Frankleigh Takeaways, 68A Govett Ave.
Price: $6.60


Amount of chips:     5/5
Chip quality:        5/5
Size of fish:        5/5
Fish quality:        5/5
Total Score:         20🎉

Well drained of oil?: Like a boss.
Satisfied?: I'm absolutely stuffed. I had a nap before writing this.

Comments: 
I became a dad 5 days ago so this review is dedicated to my new son Mohi. I was absolutely honoured to have him with me for his first Fish and Chips Friday out in this new strange world. He slept through the whole thing and he probably didn't really care but hopefully some day he will come to appreciate this fish and chip journey I've embarked on. Maybe he will figure out why I have chosen to write these reviews. Maybe he will even find some of this information useful. Maybe that was the reason all along, to pass on these snapshots through my timeline so the next generation can learn, adapt and improve the quality of fish and chips so that we may live in harmony in a reality where all chip shops are perfect 20 scores.
Frankleigh Takeaways was covered in black and white print outs of meal deals, special items and an announcement that dogs can't go inside the shop. My mind went to a place where they once had wayyy too many dogs in the store which made them resort to printing a sign.
The shop had a line out the door. All customers were quite a bit later in life with the youngest easily being in his 70s. This led me to believe that they would probably over season their chips so that any semblance of flavour may be able to reach the dimmed boomer flavour receptors of their clientele.
I was very wrong.
The Mr Chip's brand chips were lush and creamy. Not a bruised potato in sight. So moreish that if I had an endless supply, I would have a hard time knowing when to stop. Maybe I wouldn't stop.
The fish, a massive meaty cut of Warehou which tasted as fresh as an onshore breeze during spring. I think this was the best piece of Warehou I've had and the batter was fried at an optimum time and temperature. Absolute bliss.
Frankleigh Takeaways was well in the league of the perfect 20s at a price tag that will stop you from forgetting your roots (6.60). Quite frankly, it was delicious and my first review as a dad would not be complete if I hadn't used that terrible pun.

No comments:

Post a Comment