Stockys Takeaways

       REVIEW LOCATION:

New Plymouth




Store: Stockys Takeaways, 61 Omata Rd.
Price: $7.30

Amount of chips:     5/5
Chip quality:        5/5
Size of fish:        5/5
Fish quality:        5/5
Total Score:         20🎉

Well drained of oil?: Yup.
Satisfied?: 
Yup.

Comments: 
Yup.
Again with the names of these places in New Plymouth! I love it. Just do whatever you want. Just call it whatever.
But seriously though, Stockys was amazing. Hands down the best I've had since I moved back.
Being greeted by their signage from a mile away was a real treat. A massive fish in the style of small town NZ metal art. The decor had a nice feminine flair which is not really what I was expecting to walk into with a name like Stockys. It felt like I was picking up food from a Briscoes show room.
The reviews online rave about the Stockys burgers and it was one of those moments where my standard order of a fish and a scoop felt like a curse.
As soon as I opened my wrapped meal I let out massive "WHOOOOOOA". The quantity of chips unlike anything I had ever seen. The first thing that came to mind is that I wanted to see what tool they were using to scoop this massive load. They were such an absolute delight to eat that I ate every last one of them.
The house fish was a suuuuper chunky piece of Rig and it too was a pleasure to eat. Every mouthful better than the last.
All of the staff are happy chipper women and you can see there is some serious organisation and systems going on back stage. Apparently the area near it are the rough parts of New Plymouth but I would definitely risk getting a punch in the face for this experience again.

No comments:

Post a Comment