Kilbernie Fish & Chips

REVIEW LOCATION:
Wellington

Store: Kilbernie Fish & Chips, 41 Coutts Road.
Price: $5.00

Amount of chips:     5/5
Chip quality:        5/5
Size of fish:        5/5
Fish quality:        4/5
Total Score:         19

Well drained of oil?: YEAH!
Satisfied?: Yes!! I finally feel fresh and full!


Comments: This place! What a pleasant surprise! Amazing first impressions: I tried to call but their number listed online was disconnected, they had not only one but TWO NZ commercial fish species posters, the interior seemed untouched since the 60s/70s complete with faux discoloured marble walls and as I went to pay for my order the woman behind the counter apologised for not having EFTPOS as they are cash only. HAHA. The turnover of customers was insane, their tiny store was completely packed but I only had to wait around 5 or so minutes for my order. The chips were delicious home-cut crinkle fries and plentiful. Maybe more suited to those who prefer soft flaccid chips - ideal if you live with someone who suffers from misophonia but there were heaps of lil crunchies sprinkled through there FYI. The fish was a deece cut of lemon fish and cooked very well. Nothing fancy but it was chunky, great batter colour and batter ratio was on point. Overall they were well seasoned and oil drainage so good that I didn't even feel like I needed to wash up after smashing them. It feels good to finally get some good shark and tatties! Feel good yo! Feel good! Gtg I'm listening to Adina Howard's new album Resurrection for the first time rn and this album GOING TF INNN!